Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kentucky Derby Bound


Tomorrow morning I'm headed north to Louisville, KY for the 135th running of the Kentucky Derby. This will be my 3rd time to see the races in person. I can hardly wait! Both of my parents are from Kentucky and the Derby is a tradition in our family. Even though I've never lived there I still get teary eyed when they start playing "My Old Kentucky Home." I haven't checked the horses or odds yet but I will be placing a bet for sure!

This is a small picture but it's all I could find of my perfect Derby outfit. It is a pinkish/red strapless dress and swing coat featuring rosettes...perfect for the Run for the Roses. It is by Rebecca Taylor. I will be topping it off with a great wide brim black hat and black sandals. I'll definitely post pics when I get back.


This is the official artwork for the 2009 Kentucky Derby. It is by artist Trish Biddle. I have a similar print hanging in my apartment already. This one is fabulous because it actually shows the Churchill Downs Twin Spires in the background. I might have to pic it up when I there. LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Jean said...

LOVE that dress.... can't wait to see pics! Have fun!

AnnaHatcherDesign said...

So fun - can't wait to hear how it was! :)