Monday, March 23, 2009

Running Program

With the encouragement of my boyfriend Alvin I decided it was time for some new running shoes. Believe it or not, I had my previous ones for almost 4 years and they were a little worn in. Alvin and I went for an evaluation at Phidippides a great running store in Atlanta. After trying on lots of options I came away with these Asics.I also joined an online service called Giminee that tracks your workouts and helps encourage you along the way. I picked the Couch to 5K program and started it this morning. Check out the program here for more information.

This isn't my first time to start a running program but I really hope this time I can start making it habit and develop a love for running.

4 comments:

Miss Mom said...

keep us posted on how it goes!!!

nice new kicks!

Joan said...

Emily, I am so roud of you! I wish I could get in an exercise routine!
love, Mom

Joan said...

sorry about the "p" in proud! I'm at school and rushing as usual!

AnnaHatcherDesign said...

Great links Emily! I'm looking forward to reading them. As you know I'm going about it the WRONG WAY - starting with a 10K, haha oh well hopefully I won't quit afterwards! Glad your getting it to it, let me know how it goes!