Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm baaaaaack!!

Thanks for everyone nudging me to get back into blogging...sorry I left yall hanging. This summer has been very busy and I've been out of town a lot, as you will see.

My grandmother's family got together for a reunion in Gatlinburg, TN. We stayed at a cool 8 bedroom log cabin along a creek and enjoyed the weekend visiting with each other. Here are the ladies of my immediate family (Aunt Jan, Grandmom, Me & Mom).
This is my grandmother with 3 of her siblings (Christine, Loretta & JH). Gatlinburg is an interesting place...definitely don't have the desire to go back soon but there is no shortage of things to do there. We rode the ski lift to the top of the Smoky Mountains, ate a pancake house and...saw Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Dinner and Show. If you ever find yourself in one of the redneck towns of Gatlinburg, Myrtle Beach or Branson, be sure to take in a show. It is really cheesy but a good time and where else can you CHEER FOR THE CONFEDERATE AND WIN? HAHAHA. You choose to cheer for the North or the South so like any good Alabama girl, I was yellin for the soldier's in grey.

Next up was a trip to Washington D.C. to celebrate our nation's birthday! I started the trip off with a visit to the CNN D.C. bureau where I met some co-workers who I'd only previously spoken with over the phone. I also got a tour of The Situation Room and watch the show from the control room. The studio was actually really small with low ceilings. I was surprised.
I stayed with my good friend and Chi O sorority sister, Ashley Claire. On Friday we went to the AT&T National golf tournament at Congressional Country Club and then to a 4th of July part at the Chevy Chase Club. We had so much fun meeting up with tons of SMU friends. Here we are with Christina and Rawson out in Georgetown. The grand finale was watching the National Mall fireworks from across the Potomac at Christina's parents house. We were right on the water and the view was amazing. I couldn't think of a better way to spend the 4th of July than in DC with good friends.

No comments: