Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Paint me a Birmingham

Last week I made a trip to Birmingham to visit my brother in his new stomping grounds. He got a job working at a dentist office as a dental assistant and he is studying for his dental school entrance exam. I'm so proud of him!!

After a tour of his immaculate and beautifully decorated apartment and playing with my nephew-dog Banks we ate dinner in Mountain Brook at Dram. This place is new and oh so cool. It has dark wood walls and ceilings and they serve only southern grown food...mostly from Kentucky and Tennessee. There is also a cool fire pit lounge area outside that will be so fun when the weather gets a little cooler.

I ate the pork tenderloin and grits and highly recommend it. Michael got the Barbecue Burger and fries and then we shared some chocolate meringue pie. It was delicious.

After dinner we met up some of his friends at the Open Door Cafe for some drinks.

The next morning my mom drove up to meet us for a delicious jazz brunch also at the Open Door Cafe. We had wonderful beignets and the live music/atmosphere was awesome.

**Sorry there are no pictures**

1 comment:

Meg said...

Emily! SOOO funny! I was in B'ham Saturday and Sunday and we went and met up with Jordan. We went to Open Door for drinks after dinner at Chez LuLu, then went back Sunday morning for the jazz brunch too, ha! Curry talked all about Dram and how much she loves it. I'd love make a stop there on our October trip. I loved spending time in Birmingham- what a cute and quaint city (especially Mountain Brook).