Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Coming home for Homecoming

Back in October I got to go home for another Alabama football game. This time it was the Homecoming game vs. Ole Miss. Each year growing up my mom would take us to the Alabama Homecoming parade. Since I was in town we decided to keep up the tradition and headed to the quad at noon... a full 8 hours before the game was set to start. This made for an incredibly long day but it was filled with lots of fun.

This was my favorite float in the parade...the elephant is wearing a XIII blanket for the 13 National Championships Alabama has won.
After the parade I met up with SMU friends Jordan and Meg. Jordan now lives in Birmingham and even though she's an Auburn fan she makes a trip to Tuscaloosa once a year and is a good sport. We watched the Auburn/Arkansas game with some of her friends at their tent. Meg, an Arkansas fan, also comes each year with her family, many of whom attended Alabama. Her sister Caroline is currently a senior.
Meg is my little sis in Chi O but she is truly like a sister to me. Her family and mine are very much alike and we love the chance to get together each year. Here we are with our moms.
Finally after a full day of tailgating the game started at 8p. We won the game 23-10 and we got home at midnight, a full 12 hour day.
The next day before leaving town to head back to Atlanta I got to meet up with my high school friend Mary Catherine. MC, as I like to call her, had baby James almost a year ago. I got to meet him last year when they lived in Dallas but he has grown so much since then and they now live in Chicago. I was so glad we were able to catch up quickly and I'm looking forward to seeing them again in December. You can read their blog here.

No comments: