Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Skeet shooting

A few months ago Jay and I bought a Living Social deal for a round of skeet shooting. It was a good deal and we both thought it would be a fun weekend activity. The deal was for a gun rental and a round at Tom Lowe Shooting Grounds. I admit part of my fascination with the idea of going skeet shooting was to wear a preppy shooting outfit. I envisioned something like this.
But when Jay came to pick me up he told me I should dress much more casual. He was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt and jeans. So despite my desire to dress the part I agreed and went casual.

When we arrived and I was handed a box of ammunition and a gun without any instruction I started to get nervous. I had held a gun before and even shot one a long time ago but I definitely needed a refresher course. We spoke with one of the shooting grounds' veteran shooters and he gave me a quick tutorial on my gun, where to stand and how to aim at the clay birds as they shot out of the box.


The first round we shot with another couple and in the end the girls beat the guys with total number of "birds" shot. My beginner's luck was short lived though and the next round I only got 3 out of 25.

                                                          
In the end we both left with sore arms but an exciting afternoon of trying out a new sport. We both want to try it again.

1 comment:

Stephanie Gallman said...

That's why I love golf -- the outfits! Love that you guys did this.